Lingerie is made from delicate fabrics. Incorrect washing and drying techniques will damage the fabrics, reducing the life of your garments. Even putting a bra on in the wrong way can twist and stretch the fabric.
To get the longest possible life from your lingerie Little Intimates suggests following these care instructions:
- Always hand wash your lingerie in cool to lukewarm water in a mild detergent.
- It is suggested that you use a lingerie wash bag even when hand washing to minimise handling of bras.
- Never machine wash underwired bras as this can damage the fabric causing the wires to come out.
- If you don’t have time for hand washing, wash your bras in the shower rather than putting them in a washing machine.
- Dry lingerie lying flat in the shade, especially if it has contoured cups, as this will help to keep the shape. Otherwise, hang dry in the shade.
Never use a tumble dryer to dry lingerie as the heat is extremely damaging to the fabrics and underwires.